Author Topic: MIDI input issues  (Read 718 times)

iamcyanblue

• View Profile
MIDI input issues
« on: August 27, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »
I'm having issues getting SoundLoom to recognise MIDI input. I've connected my Nord Stage 2 to my MacBook M3 via USB cable. The tv executable is in my _cdprogs folder and when I start SoundLoom, the piano keys button appears in the Workspace/Main Screen, Calculator and relevant parameter fields. I've selected my keyboard in System Setting 2: Midi input device and connected it via Apple's MIDI Studio utility. Key/MIDI signals from the Nord register fine in MIDI Studio and Ableton Live, But SoundLoom isn't recognising it at all. These are the steps I'm following:

1. MIDI settings at the start of the session: Device: Nord Stage 2 Output (Core MIDI); Max No. MIDI Events: 6000; MIDI STOP Trigger = 24 (i.e. lowest key A-3)
2. I click the "Piano Keys" button to start input. Select Pitch and Midi as the values to capture, then click the Get Midi button
3. Dialog box appears: "Waiting for MIDI input. TO STOP, Hit MIDI key = 24". Click OK.
4. An error message appears immediately or after a second: "No Midi Data (_cdpenv/tvout)"

I've tried playing keys on the Nord both before and after clicking OK on the "Waiting for MIDI input screen (step 3), but nothing is recognised as an input.
I looked in _cdpenv/ and there's no file called "tvout"

simonk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MIDI input issues
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 06:23:05 PM »
Hi iamcyanblue,
I get the same.

Its Soundloom on the Mac that is the problem.
TCL & TK being prety much deprecated on later Mac o/s versions

There is a new Mac GUI in the pipeline but we cannot, at this time, give a release date.
I am sorry, but until that happy day you'll have to put up with SL as it is, not pretty. (at all)

Simon