Author Topic: SoundShaper problem win10 64bit  (Read 2251 times)

sonora

• View Profile
SoundShaper problem win10 64bit
« on: April 02, 2020, 03:09:14 PM »
I have many trouble running Soundshaper in win 10 64bit.even if I set the working folder and preferences it seems not to find them.
cannot create file "C:\.......copy.bat".
when cancel and reinstall missing menu like create new file in breakpoint.
mario

sonora

• View Profile
Re: SoundShaper problem win10 64bit
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 03:39:57 PM »
i copy  robocopy but with no result,missing menu and problem to open program and need to force to close.it seems that it can't mantein the preferences in setting...

Robert Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 09:56:43 PM »
Mario, can you email me with this problem to:  mail [at] ensemble-software.net ? The problem is not likely to be Windows 64-bit or robocopy, so I'll need to get more detail from you and look into this further. I'll be happy to post a reply when we get it fixed.  Robert

Robert Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »
Sonora, Thanks for getting in touch by email and thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, the problems are still unresolved (at 8 Apr.). The program was not reading the CDP programs folder correctly from the configuration file, despite the fact that the file was correct and the folder was there. It was also not shutting down correctly. Both of these issues need further investigation, though neither has arisen in other installations, as far as I know. While we were exchanging emails, you reported that you had installed Soundshaper successfully on another Win10 computer. I have also tested it recently on 3 Win10 64-bit machines, one Win10 32-bit, one Win7 64-bit and one Win7 32-bit.

The problem may have something to do with the fact that Soundshaper is a 32-bit program running, in this case, on 64-bit Windows. Having said that, Windows automatically runs such programs using its built-in emulator WOW64, so in theory issues should not arise. You also tried running it in Win7 mode, without success. Re-building Soundshaper in native 64-bit would be possible, but could require a lot of work -- I'll look into this.

We will continue to communicate and experiment with other solutions and report back to the forum if we solve the problems.