Author Topic: AMB files  (Read 2508 times)

Rhodie

• View Profile
AMB files
« on: May 26, 2019, 05:57:57 PM »
Hello everyone.
I wonder if anyone can help please?
I was led to believe that CDP could be used to create and save wav files in an AMB format. Now that I have installed these programmes I noticed that the interface SoundShaper does not have that option. Is there anyway that these programmes can save a combination of WAV files as AMB data file or should I be using another programme?

Robert Fraser

• View Profile
Re: AMB files
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 08:47:15 AM »
Soundshaper does support all the CDP functions that deal with .amb files, such as ABFPAN and FMDCODE. However, the provision could perhaps be more explicit, such as offering .amb output when saving a file. I'll look into this and report back.

Robert Fraser

• View Profile
Re: AMB files
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »
Soundshaper does not currently support the '.amb' suffix, but the substance of ambisonic provision is supported.
For example, apply ABFPAN to a sound (Menu: Edit/Mix | Spatial |  Multichannel | Ambisonic Pan; called AMBIPAN for short) - you don't even need to pan it: you can leave start position and end position as 0. You have created an ambisonic file. Save this as myamb.wav; reload it into another row - it loads OK and it's the same. You could apply FMDCODE to give it multi-channel speaker positions. So the missing provision is just recognition of the .amb suffix in the filename.