General Category > General Board

newtex newtex problem with parameters

(1/2) > >>

justinbennett:
Hi everybody,

Firstly, I have to admit that I don't really know what I'm doing, it's years since I used
the CDP, but I just started it up again for some summer fun. Just using command line
for now, and keeping my fingers crossed for an updated SoundLoom ;-) soonish.

maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I was trying to use newtex newtex but the documentation doesn't
seem to match the errors that I get back:

According to the example this should work, but I get these errors:
macbookpro-3:texture justinbennett$ newtex newtex 1 perc1mono.wav perc1_tex.wav 30 4 3 0.1 0 0 1.5 0.35 36
ERROR: INCORRECT USE
ERROR: Parameter[4] Value (0.100000) out of range (1.000000 to 8.000000)

has the order of params been changed maybe? do I have an old documentation file (2014) ???

best wishes, Justin

rwdobson:
Yes, it appears the documentation has some errors - we are looking into it. The example command line is missing the all-important "transposes" data text file, and has too many parameters - the final one for Mode 1 is "spacetype". The strange error message arises because (a foible of most modern operating systems!) a number such as "30" can be a legal file name; at the stage the message appears, it has not been opened to verify it is the right sort of data file.

justinbennett:
Thanks, Richard!

I think that the description of the different modes are not quite right then...

I'll puzzle on further. Best, Justin

rwdobson:
The final argument (36) needs the -s flag, and then the documentation example works (it is a Mode 3 example, not Mode 1). So this should work with your input file:

newtex newtex 3 perc1mono.wav perc1_tex.wav 30 4 3 0.1 0 0 1.5 0.35 -s36

justinbennett:
AHA, missing -s! OK now it works but the resulting sound is almost inaudible so I'm going to tweak now,

thanks very much!
Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version