General Category > General Board

Gate 1 & 2 don't work in windows vista, or?

<< < (2/2)

djeroek:
Thanks for cross-checking on windows, good to know it is not just on my machine.

Similar to the gate process, strans multi & strans multi 2 also crash on windows, but work in Osx (strans multi 3 & 4 do work in vista).

lynx:
Great find!

djeroek:
Maybe more?

'Specnu squeeze' & 'Specnu rand' don't seem to work on windows & mac, do these need some kind of special prepared inanalfile's? Certain particular pvoc analysis settings?

+

not want to make a new thread for this, but I don't understand the following mode described in the cdp docs on a bunch of sfedit processes;

..a lot of sfedit processes have three different modes for handling time, mode 1 being in seconds, mode 2 in samples & mode 3 described as; "Time as grouped sample count (e.g., 3 = 3 stereo pairs)". For example check out sfedit excise 3, could you explain this mode 3, give an example in mode 1 time in seconds, and the same example in mode 3? Thanks.

ArcherCDP:
Hello,

We here at CDP are working on the reports kindly sent in about GATE GATE, SPECTRANS MULTI, SPECNU SQUEEZE and SPECNU RAND.  We can confirm errors in the first two.  The SPECNU programs appear to be working (on PC) -- note that they take analysis files as inputs.  The command line example given for SPECNU RAND is incorrect:  it is missing out the flags.  It should read:  specnu rand inanalysisfile outanalysisfile -t0.5 -g50.  Smaller values for -g gives a more granular-like textured result.  More info in a day or two.

Archer

djeroek:
Hello Archer,

--- Quote ---The SPECNU programs appear to be working (on PC) -- note that they take analysis files as inputs.  The command line example given for SPECNU RAND is incorrect:  it is missing out the flags.  It should read:  specnu rand inanalysisfile outanalysisfile -t0.5 -g50.  Smaller values for -g gives a more granular-like textured result.  More info in a day or two.
--- End quote ---

I'm using the cdp tool in Renoise where an audio file is automatically converted to an .ana file using pvoc under the hood, send to the input of a fft process like specnu rand and its output .ana also automatically converted back to .wav (usually :)). As far as I can tell from the terminal in Renoise, an .ana file is made from the audio input, but after sending it to specnu rand, nothing happens, like it is being picky on what .ana it accepts? Will try running the processes from the commandline to see if they do work there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version