General Category > General Board

Gate 1 & 2 don't work in windows vista, or?

(1/2) > >>

djeroek:
Hello,

I'm using the cdp tool in Renoise and am trying to get the gate processes to work, are they known to be buggy, what is the correct cmndline syntax?

The CDP docs say; 'gate gate mode infile outfile gatelevel'

But a sentence later give the example; 'gate gate 1 count countgate -9'

Where do count & countgate suddenly come from (+ what are their parameter limits?) :-) and is -9 in the example the value for gatelevel?

Hope you can help me with this.

Cheers,

R

lynx:
In the documentation example for GATE GATE, "count" is the infile and "countgate" will be the generated outfile.  In CDP, you can often omit the extension (e.g., .wav) when typing sound & analysis filenames at the command-line.  (And yes, "-9" is the gatelevel.)

djeroek:
Thanks for the info,

apparently the same processes do work on the mac with the Renoise tool, but crash here in Vista. Not sure this is because of the CDP tool or the windows builds of the gate .exe's?

djeroek:
Just checked in windows cmd terminal and while a result seems to be created, the gate process also crashes, so it isn't just Renoise's cdp tool, something weird is going on.

lynx:
The GATE process crashes for me, too.  The process starts up, but no matter the mode, choice of input file, or gate level I apply, it bails a few seconds into the process.  (It worked fine when I last used GATE in Release 6, so should hopefully be a simple fix if the process works as expected in OS X.)

Sorry for your difficulty!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version