General Category > General Board

Sound Loom for Linux?

(1/4) > >>

lynx:
Does anyone know if Sound Loom is to be released for Linux at some point?

sleestack:
i get the feeling Mr. Wishart is a bit of the eccentric   :D

sleestack:
i really want to hear Trevor Wishart – Encounters in the Republic of Heaven

lynx:
"Eccentric", as a word, carries a lot of negative baggage for me.  I feel that Trevor's books suggest someone comfortably seated in who they are as an individual, and perhaps even someone who has made trying to gratify certain passions and curiousities a way of Life.  I can only applaud him if this is so.  I haven't heard Encounters, either, and will put that on my "playlist."

The Linux release of the core CDP tools has enticed me to consider a dedicated machine for CDP.  I think what would clinch my decision is if I knew that a CDP GUI would be released for this platform before too long.  (In the interim, I would be happy hacking around with the CDP processes directly or via TCL.)

sleestack:
people have called me eccentric and i rather love it.

i was reading last night about soundloom. seems like the way to go if you want to most from cdp. trevor keeps adding new stuff too.

someone should make a computer training video about working in soundloom. how to get around the gui,  etc .stick it on vimeo or youtube.  that would be super helpful i think.

it is the gui that's the main complaint. i know people who had cdp for years and could never work it out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version