Author Topic: New user - "No _cdp folder found!" upon launch  (Read 111 times)

kerotanuk

• View Profile
New user - "No _cdp folder found!" upon launch
« on: May 28, 2024, 01:50:15 PM »
Hi, M1 user here (running Sonoma), have followed the instructions for the 64-bit Mac installation (the 'cdpr8' folder is in my Documents folder, Ive run the executable command in Terminal - xattr -rc cdpr8 - and lastly I've run 'cdp8install.command'), but am getting the classic "No _cdp folder found!" error.
The 'SoundloomE.app' is inside the 'cdpr8' folder (although I did try all of this with it in Applications), is this a PATH issue? And if so what steps should I try to resolve?

Appreciate any assistance, cheers

rwdobson

• View Profile
Re: New user - "No _cdp folder found!" upon launch
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 09:34:58 PM »
CDP has only a fixed standard or "default" installation, which is in the user's home directory (as provided by the command shell "zsh" each time the Terminal app is launched, or a new shell Window is opened). The all-important PATH configuration assumes this. In the Finder is is shown by the little house icon, with the name chosen when running the machine for the first time -  = your User Name. Putting the whole CDPr8 folder in /Documents means that the PATH for command line users is then wrong, likewise also the file which tells Soundloom where the software is - hence the error messages. This can be fixed by hand editing the required hidden text files (see the document "Manual Install" for details), but we would strongly recommend that for the usual case of a single user on a single machine the software is indeed installed as per the README file etc, in your home directory. Whatever the CDP system might be, it is not "a document", and therefore "Documents" is not an appropriate location for it all.