Author Topic: Unknown option "x"  (Read 1939 times)

Jorgalad

• View Profile
Unknown option "x"
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »
Hi!

I'm very new to CDP, but I already love what I can do with it!
I think I installed most stuff correctly, although I had some problems setting up portaudio. I was unsure about the "omit --enable.." thing, which I needed because I'm on a 64 bit system.
Running the /makeprograms.sh I did get some errors like this "ld: library not found for -lportsf"

However most stuff works, I can for example type "pitch" and get a list of things that I can do.
But it seems like there are some options missing, for example if I type "pitch speed" I get a "Unknown option 'speed' "
Am I doing something wrong calling this function or does this mean I messed up on the installation somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the reply!
Jor

lynx

• View Profile
    • Personal Homepage
Re: Unknown option "x"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:04:15 AM »
Excuse me for somehow overlooking this post!  And I would like to also apologize that no one else responded to you, either.

Did you ever resolve your issues with building the CDP source?  The portaudio library is required for only a small subset of all CDP programs, as you said, so at the least, it should be relatively straightforward to get things in order.  That you are running a 64-bit platform shouldn't be a problem.  I assume you're building for Mac OS X?

Regarding your second question, typing "pitch" at my shell, the interaction looks much like this:
Code: [Select]
$ pitch
CDP Release 7 2014

PITCH OPERATIONS ON A SPECTRAL FILE

USAGE: pitch NAME (mode) infile outfile parameters:

where NAME can be any one of

altharms    octmove    transp    tune    pick    chordf    chord

Type 'pitch altharms' for more info on pitch altharms..ETC.

$

So, indeed, "speed" is not a valid option for this command, so the command is not incorrect.  Are you perhaps looking for the MODIFY SPEED process?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:15:24 PM by lynx »