Composition > Showcase

Another go at a CDP frontend

<< < (4/7) > >>

Xenakios:
Sorry, no news about this yet, but working on this definitely is in my long term plans. Despite all the problems in the CDP programs, they still do have some processings that just are not available anywhere else. The frontend could also fairly easily be expanded to support newly written internally implemented audio processes as well as 3rd party plugins like VST and AU.

loganmcbroom:
This looks really interesting, I think the data flow approach is a good way to go. If you're planning to release this freely would you consider making a github repo of it?

Xenakios:

--- Quote from: loganmcbroom on May 23, 2016, 07:20:52 PM ---This looks really interesting, I think the data flow approach is a good way to go. If you're planning to release this freely would you consider making a github repo of it?

--- End quote ---

It's been hosted in an open source repo (not in Github though) all this time but I haven't advertised that since I haven't wanted to give the impression it's something someone could just easily build and start using. It has problems like hardcoded file paths to my own filesystems, among other flaws.

loganmcbroom:
Alright, makes sense. I was glad to hear you're using JUCE, I'll be ready to poke at it whenever you decide to put it out.

Xenakios:
I worked a bit on it again and added VST2 plugins hosting to the front-end. I didn't yet fix any of the problems that make the front-end unusable on other computers than mine. Maybe I'll look into those issues some day. Shouldn't be more than a couple of hours of work. However, there are additional problems that would require much more work to fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version