Mac > Mac installation

CDPv8 and M1

(1/2) > >>

Natasha:
I'm trying to install on an M1 and see the thread from 2022 stopped.

Is there an M1 beta around?

The 7.1 version says "failed installation", I guess because its 32bit. I see on GitHub there is version 8 source code. Has anyone tried compiling this for M1? Happy to test a beta rather than starting from scratch with Apple's new horrible Xcode!

I'm happy with just the individual programs without the graphical interfaces (old school CDP'er!).

I'm running the following:
Hardware - M1 Ultra
OS - Ventura 13.2.1

Natasha Barrett

rwdobson:
Hi Natasha,

yes indeed, we are very close to being able to announce Release 8 along with full packages for Mac and PC. We have had several reports of success building CDP (including R8) from source. We have made a lot of code updates recently, mostly to eliminate compiler warnings, but catching a few minor bugs as well.  At present, the Github resource is still to be regarded technically as "Beta".

With regard to existing installers (v 7.1.1), again we have had good reports of successes there on M1. Being a download and not having an official Apple certificate, the "Gatekeeper" system prevents opening, but there is a standard solution which we have documented.

I have just posted the latest beta build of the CDP programs for Mac here:

http://www.rwdobson.com/MacR8-13-03-23.zip

It is compiled for Intel machines (unfortunately CDP does not have access to an M1-based Mac), but I am assured that the new M1 "rosetta" system works as expected and all the programs will run.  Documentation preparation is at an advanced stage, but not ready for release yet. We will publish it at the same time we announce the full CDPR8 release.

Richard Dobson

Natasha:
Wonderful. Downloaded and out of quarantine!

MCal27:
Hi Richard, The link above for V8 beta doesn't work now. Is it possible to post a new link please? Would love to try it on my M1 pro Mac

Thanks, Alan

cordelia:
Hi,
is there any news from it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version