General Category > General Board

Mailing List Poll

<< < (2/3) > >>

loganmcbroom:
Seeing that this forum has been extremely quiet lately I feel like this topic should be revived. If nobody has qualms about it I'll make a facebook group in a few days. Not everyone uses facebook but it seems like a maintainable and accessible solution.

p8rpp:
Please do not start a facebook group. Vote on this thread. It has an option for voting for Facebook. If you want to help, let us know here and you could for example become a mailing list admin (low volume).

loganmcbroom:
I voted when the poll was made but it doesn't seem like anyone has any kind of initiative. Having the community quarantined to a difficult to locate private forum has stagnated the growth of interest in CDP and if nobody else is going to do anything to fix that I might as well try. We get what, a post every two weeks about how soundshaper has trouble setting up on macs? There's clearly people interested by the setup questions but there's no community so I think people get stuck trying to figure out how the hell soundloom works and move on to better user experiences.

If you think a mailing list is the right way to go then make it happen, though I feel like mailing lists are a bit of a relic. If nothing else making the forum readable to non users would be a good start.

p8rpp:
Dear Loganmcbroom
No need to tell me about the shortcomings of a web forum that requires authentication. After all that's why the poll is here. Problem is, I would like to hear a word from the people responsible for CDP, for this forum and others before I go off and create a mailing list. Thank you for your oppinion, which sure gets things moving again.

To anyone else following this thread (yes, one can subscribe to threads in this forum) it would be great to hear more oppinions.

In addition I am in contact with two mailing list providers to see if they can host a cdp-users list.

simonk:

Although you do have to login here there are no adverts or (so far) spammers.
A small price to pay really.

Plus, there have been eight votes for this poll in ten months out of 480 members.
I think you have some sort of consensus there.

Regards
Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version