Author Topic: Some dsp processes missing  (Read 1699 times)

gentleclockdivider

• View Profile
Some dsp processes missing
« on: December 04, 2022, 05:35:15 PM »
I have been using the CDP processes from within renoise , I used a dedicated dir with the cdp progs  .
Recently I nstalled soundshaper 6 with a new version of CDP ,
I do get a lot of errors saying that it can't find the dsp process , and or that a new version of CDP is coming out and the process can't be executed
Also preview for accum and other processes are  not always working 

Example , Soundfile>>REORDER >>STUTTER

Gives this

Also , follwing tutorial nr 1 , it learly states in the pdf

(SS: Soundfiles > Distort cycles > Pitch warp)

unquote
Over here in soundshaper 6 there  is no process called distort cycles , pitch warp
The closest resemblance is Soundfiles >>Wavesets>>WARP PITCH :transpose waveset
Is this part of a new naming convention ?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 05:47:10 PM by gentleclockdivider »

Robert Fraser

• View Profile
Re: Some dsp processes missing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 09:23:13 PM »
>I do get a lot of errors saying that it can't find the dsp process , and or that a new version of CDP is coming out and the process can't be executed

Your screenshot shows a message which comes up when there's a CDP error. Some of these can be rather obscure, but they're mostly down to incorrect parameter settings. When they occur, they are beyond the scope of Soundshaper and derive from the underlying CDP software. Your settings of a frequency split at 500Hz should normally be OK. (I've just tested it with a stereo input, with no problems.) I'm not aware of specific problems with Accumulate; however, if you want to send me the details of the sound source and parameter values used, I'll be happy to look into it.

I'm sorry you've had the inconvenience of not being able to access the forthcoming CDP8 processes yet, but unfortunately CDP8 is not quite ready for general release. In a further release of Soundshaper (6.03), which should out any day now, menu items which lead to a CDP8 process have been disabled. (A tiny number of CD8 functions, which are implemented as modes of an existing process, may still generate the message you quote, however.)   

Regarding the tutorial - clearly these things are written at different times by different authors and the descriptions can unfortunately become a little outdated. The CDP Distort suite deals with wavesets (as described in the documentation and help screens) and it was felt that this menu title better reflected the waveset functions as a whole. We do try to keep the documentation up to date, though, and thank you for pointing out this discrepancy.