Author Topic: Interface Colours (theme/skin)  (Read 3076 times)

ricknance

• View Profile
Interface Colours (theme/skin)
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:30:06 PM »
Hi all,

I'm having a hard time with the black on green colour. I like the look, but I can't read it very well. When I try to switch to the cream/yellow background version, it just doesn't happen. I re-open and it's still green and black. Any ideas? Where do I look for the colour coding?

Thanks much,

Rick

ricknance

• View Profile
Re: Interface Colours (theme/skin)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 09:11:48 AM »
I updated. Most of the type is white now, so most of it's fine, as in... good enough'! (back to work)

Michael L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 09:18:40 AM »
I am having the same difficulty changing from Leeds (black-on-green) to Original.  Can the Colour Style be changed in Terminal?

ricknance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
Did you ever find anything out about this? My screen can't handle the lack of contrast and I have resorted occasionally to using a magnifying glass to read the windows. _Some_ of the type changed to white after an upgrade, but not enough to make a difference. I'd seriously hate to have to stop using it because the interface was an unreadable blob.

Michael L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:06:11 AM »
I emailed the person who chose the colour scheme for the Soundloom interface, and he said that has no problem using the Leeds colour on his Mac, or in changing the colour scheme through System State>System Settings 1 > Color Style.  Now I tried to change the colour this way many times without success.  So I tried something different.  I changed it, closed and opened (with no change), then Force Quit, and opened, closed and opened again, and it changed.  What a relief!  I don't know what I did that made the difference, either multiple close/opens after changing the Color Style, or the Force Quit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:34:23 AM by Michael L »

sleestack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »
instead of clicking quit to restart, use end session, that worked for me