Author Topic: PVOC Processes not working after OSx Yosemite update..  (Read 2320 times)

afta8

• View Profile
PVOC Processes not working after OSx Yosemite update..
« on: November 15, 2014, 08:27:44 AM »
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem.. I had it working fine on Mavericks but since upgrading to Yosemite I can't get any of the PVOC processes to work.. Any clues? has there been an update at all?

Thanks

rwdobson

• View Profile
Re: PVOC Processes not working after OSx Yosemite update..
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
Thanks for this report, I can confirm the problem here. Yet again Apple, having recommended a procedure for adding environment variables, has quietly abandoned it (they say, for security reasons) in Yosemite. There is yet another new recommended procedure. I will announce it separately on the forum, but in the meantime, create a text file called "environment.plist" with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
  <key>Label</key>
  <string>my.startup</string>
  <key>ProgramArguments</key>
  <array>
    <string>sh</string>
    <string>-c</string>
    <string>launchctl setenv CDP_SOUND_EXT wav</string>
  </array>
  <key>RunAtLoad</key>
  <true/>
</dict>
</plist>

Copy the file to your Library/LaunchAgents folder and reboot. I have tested this and it does enable the pvoc programs to run both from Terminal and via Soundloom.

In the longer term, we are finalising the process of updating the whole CDP system to make this variable default to wav and so be entirely optional, and this whole rigmarole will no longer be needed.

afta8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »
Thanks, that worked :)

Good to hear that setting the environment won't be needed in future, that seemed to trip up a lot of new users.

emre_k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 07:16:39 PM »
In the longer term, we are finalising the process of updating the whole CDP system to make this variable default to wav and so be entirely optional, and this whole rigmarole will no longer be needed.

Any news on this? It used to work fine for me but I can't set it up on my Mac nowadays no matter what I try :S