Author Topic: CDP tool for Renoise Linux installation guide  (Read 2333 times)

davephillips

• View Profile
CDP tool for Renoise Linux installation guide
« on: September 30, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
Greetings,

I've put a new tutorial on the Renoise blog site. It's focused on building, installing, configuring, and testing the CDP source code and the Renoise CDP tool under Linux, but hopefully it will be of  interest to Win/Mac users too.

http://www.renoise.com/blog/linux-cdp-tool-guide

Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Best,

dp

afta8

• View Profile
Re: CDP tool for Renoise Linux installation guide
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »
This is so good, have seen lots of queries on how to get CDP running on Linux so this is going to very helpful. Nice one!

lynx

• View Profile
    • Personal Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »
Thank you very much, Dave.  This tutorial is easy to follow, and doesn't demand a lot from users who are not accustomed to building software.

Marcelo Carneiro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »
Hi, thanks for posting. I have installed everything, followed each step, and everything are pretty sure installed...at least...
Well, I open renoise, open its tools and cdp tool. Try to run a process, but the message is always the same: it cannot produce any output. I wrote the code in the bashrc file: CDP_SOUND_EXT=wav, but it seems not to be working properly. There are no messages insisting that CDP installations is incomplete as before, but I can't output any processed sound. Can you help me with this? I am using Ubuntu Studio 14.03.02 on an HP laptop, and Renoise 3.01 Demo. Thanks

davephillips

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:12:47 AM »
Hi, thanks for posting. I have installed everything, followed each step, and everything are pretty sure installed...at least...
Well, I open renoise, open its tools and cdp tool. Try to run a process, but the message is always the same: it cannot produce any output. I wrote the code in the bashrc file: CDP_SOUND_EXT=wav, but it seems not to be working properly. There are no messages insisting that CDP installations is incomplete as before, but I can't output any processed sound. Can you help me with this? I am using Ubuntu Studio 14.03.02 on an HP laptop, and Renoise 3.01 Demo. Thanks

Hi Marcelo,

I apologize for the long delayed reply, I haven't checked in here for a while. Did you ever get the sound processing to work for you ?

Best,

dp