Author Topic: Gate 1 & 2 don't work in windows vista, or?  (Read 2896 times)

djeroek

• View Profile
Gate 1 & 2 don't work in windows vista, or?
« on: February 19, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »
Hello,

I'm using the cdp tool in Renoise and am trying to get the gate processes to work, are they known to be buggy, what is the correct cmndline syntax?

The CDP docs say; 'gate gate mode infile outfile gatelevel'

But a sentence later give the example; 'gate gate 1 count countgate -9'

Where do count & countgate suddenly come from (+ what are their parameter limits?) :-) and is -9 in the example the value for gatelevel?

Hope you can help me with this.

Cheers,

R

lynx

• View Profile
    • Personal Homepage
Re: Gate 1 & 2 don't work in windows vista, or?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:32:19 AM »
In the documentation example for GATE GATE, "count" is the infile and "countgate" will be the generated outfile.  In CDP, you can often omit the extension (e.g., .wav) when typing sound & analysis filenames at the command-line.  (And yes, "-9" is the gatelevel.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:45:06 AM by lynx »

djeroek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »
Thanks for the info,

apparently the same processes do work on the mac with the Renoise tool, but crash here in Vista. Not sure this is because of the CDP tool or the windows builds of the gate .exe's?

djeroek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »
Just checked in windows cmd terminal and while a result seems to be created, the gate process also crashes, so it isn't just Renoise's cdp tool, something weird is going on.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:02:45 PM by djeroek »

lynx

• View Profile
    • Personal Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:10:06 AM »
The GATE process crashes for me, too.  The process starts up, but no matter the mode, choice of input file, or gate level I apply, it bails a few seconds into the process.  (It worked fine when I last used GATE in Release 6, so should hopefully be a simple fix if the process works as expected in OS X.)

Sorry for your difficulty!

djeroek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 08:28:17 AM »
Thanks for cross-checking on windows, good to know it is not just on my machine.

Similar to the gate process, strans multi & strans multi 2 also crash on windows, but work in Osx (strans multi 3 & 4 do work in vista).

lynx

• View Profile
    • Personal Homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:08:41 AM »
Great find!

djeroek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
Maybe more?

'Specnu squeeze' & 'Specnu rand' don't seem to work on windows & mac, do these need some kind of special prepared inanalfile's? Certain particular pvoc analysis settings?

+

not want to make a new thread for this, but I don't understand the following mode described in the cdp docs on a bunch of sfedit processes;

..a lot of sfedit processes have three different modes for handling time, mode 1 being in seconds, mode 2 in samples & mode 3 described as; "Time as grouped sample count (e.g., 3 = 3 stereo pairs)". For example check out sfedit excise 3, could you explain this mode 3, give an example in mode 1 time in seconds, and the same example in mode 3? Thanks.

ArcherCDP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:51 PM »
Hello,

We here at CDP are working on the reports kindly sent in about GATE GATE, SPECTRANS MULTI, SPECNU SQUEEZE and SPECNU RAND.  We can confirm errors in the first two.  The SPECNU programs appear to be working (on PC) -- note that they take analysis files as inputs.  The command line example given for SPECNU RAND is incorrect:  it is missing out the flags.  It should read:  specnu rand inanalysisfile outanalysisfile -t0.5 -g50.  Smaller values for -g gives a more granular-like textured result.  More info in a day or two.

Archer

djeroek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »
Hello Archer,

The SPECNU programs appear to be working (on PC) -- note that they take analysis files as inputs.  The command line example given for SPECNU RAND is incorrect:  it is missing out the flags.  It should read:  specnu rand inanalysisfile outanalysisfile -t0.5 -g50.  Smaller values for -g gives a more granular-like textured result.  More info in a day or two.

I'm using the cdp tool in Renoise where an audio file is automatically converted to an .ana file using pvoc under the hood, send to the input of a fft process like specnu rand and its output .ana also automatically converted back to .wav (usually :)). As far as I can tell from the terminal in Renoise, an .ana file is made from the audio input, but after sending it to specnu rand, nothing happens, like it is being picky on what .ana it accepts? Will try running the processes from the commandline to see if they do work there.