Author Topic: Some of the processes not available  (Read 2629 times)

ceiling

• View Profile
Some of the processes not available
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »
Hi there

I'm quite new to CDP so I apologise if there is a simple reason for this but some of the processes aren't available for me to use, such as distort, synthesis etc is there a reason for this or do they just not come with soundloom?

lynx

• View Profile
    • Personal Homepage
Re: Some of the processes not available
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »
Barring a snafu with the install, your CDP system should be complete.  However, Sound Loom tries to be reasonably "smart" about what processes it can perform successfully on the files in your Chosen Files list.  Operations that cannot be performed on the file(s) in this list will be greyed out & inaccessible to you.

For example, the Spectral Processes operate on analysis files (.ana), and cannot be applied to normal sound files (e.g., .wav or .aif).  If any of your Chosen Files are normal soundfiles, the Spectral Processes will not be available to you.  Use PVOC > Analysis to convert your sound files to analysis files first, then make these your Chosen Files to "enable" these processes.

The SYNTHESIS functions generate new sound files "from scratch" rather than operating on existing ones.  Empty your Chosen Files list first to use SYNTHESIS.

Last I checked, none of the DISTORT functions can operate on stereo or multi-channel sound files.  (And given the nature of their operation, it really does not make much sense for them to be able to do so.)  Use CHANNELS to extract a choice channel (or collapse your stereo file to a mono file) and make these your Chosen Files.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:57:26 PM by lynx »