Author Topic: CDP and Renoise  (Read 2238 times)

soupseason

• View Profile
CDP and Renoise
« on: November 22, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »
Good Day, CDP users.  I'm new to the software and am having a lot of problems understanding how to make the whole thing work with renoise.  I keep getting an error that says, "An output file was not produced - check your settings."  Any ideas how I can fix this?  Thanks. 

rwdobson

• View Profile
Re: CDP and Renoise
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:54:30 PM »
What platform is this? You will need the latest/current 7.1 download of the programs. These avoid the need to install an environment variable, which could be the source of the problem. If you are on the Mac, there was also an error in compiling the release which meant that the program "housekeep" was incorrectly named "houskeep", and will need to be renamed. Sadly I do not have Renoise, so can't help with operational issues there - you would need to refer to the author of the Renoise CDP facility.

afta8

• View Profile
Re: CDP and Renoise
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
From another post here...

The main thing to remember with the Renoise tool is that it is simply sending terminal commands to execute CDP processes on sounds within Renoise.
To resolve your issues I suggest you first try to get the command line executables working with just the command line and outside of Renoise. If these work then the Renoise tool should also work.

The other thing to consider is that the previous issues with the environment variable are no longer an issue and this simplify's things greatly. If you only want to use the Renoise tool all you need to do is download the v7.1 executables on this page and stick them in a folder: http://www.unstablesound.net/cdp.html

When you launch the Renoise tool for the first time it will ask for the location of the executables and you can simply point this to the folder you have downloaded them to.

Hope that helps!