Author Topic: Modify Loudness Issue  (Read 1731 times)

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
Modify Loudness Issue
« on: October 21, 2016, 01:34:36 AM »
Is there some way to force volume to a specific level regardless of it being at that level already? Sometimes I'll come back after ten minutes of processing with "ERROR: File is already at the specified level." from Modify Loudness in mode 4. Maybe there is a process I'm missing for this, or just some trick to get around it?

Robert Fraser

• View Profile
Re: Modify Loudness Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »
As far as I know, modify loudness 4 is the correct command. For example, -l0.707946 will give -3dB output, whether the input is lower or higher than this (just tested both).

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »
As far as I know, modify loudness 4 is the correct command. For example, -l0.707946 will give -3dB output, whether the input is lower or higher than this (just tested both).
I think Logan means that the program will produce an error if it happens that the level will be exactly the same. This is a slight problem for tools/frontends which would then need to avoid using parameters which don't make a change into the input sound, as some of the CDP programs are so eager to detect that situation. I suppose there are not any other solutions for this currently than changing the CDP programs source code to bypass these "it will be the same sound" checks or hacking some special cases into the programs that use the CDP programs.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:31:10 PM by Xenakios »

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »
Xenakios is correct as to the situation I'm in. There is a bit of a janky fix for now, I can force volume to some level outside the range the inputs should sit at and then force volume again to the correct level.