Author Topic: CDP github  (Read 2627 times)

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
CDP github
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:40:55 PM »
I think letting the community contribute to the CDP would do wonders for its growth. I sent an email requesting this but I am wondering if the main CDP email is active? It seems the devs don't have much of a presence online.

If such a thing was around what would you want to see added to the CDP? I would love to see libraries as is mentioned on the website's main page. I think there is also a lot of room for new processes.

mesayre

• View Profile
Re: CDP github
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:55:43 PM »
Hey there,
   That sounds like an interesting idea - though I don't know that I personally have the coding or DSP expertise to contribute in a meaningful way at this point. Would have to study the source for a while.

Can you throw out a couple of processes that you think could be added? Or tweaks to existing ones? I can't make your dreams come true - just curious.

Mike

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:31:10 AM »
I am worried if I describe any specific process someone will point out it's already tucked away in a process I'm not familiar with but I would like to see some iterative processes, and maybe some things based more on musicality than algorithmic manipulation. Iteration of processes on audio is the main reason I'm working on my own front end (If you want to check it out it's a few threads down). As for tweaks, I'm keeping a log of things that seem out of place in the inconsistencies in procs and docs thread.

The library implementation is what I want far more than anything else. If it existed there's no telling what kind of software could pop up, using the CDP as building blocks for more complicated processing. I think the CDPs downfall as it is, is lack of scaling. Soundloom has instruments but it lacks robust programmatic power.

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 07:23:27 AM »
The library implementation is what I want far more than anything else.
I think that's something that was merely hinted as a possibility that might eventually happen. I don't think the library implementations actually exist yet. It's now been over 2 years since the open sourcing of CDP and virtually no updates or news have emerged since.

In any case, I am a bit skeptical if running the CDP programs as library code would be a good idea anyway. Many of them seem to be quite buggy, so running them as in-process library code would likely in many cases just cause problems like crashes or memory leaks.

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 08:30:36 AM »
Yeah I don't think library implementations exist either hence saying I wish it existed, but I think it has a better shot at existing if the community could help with things (like the bugs and leaks you mention). Emailing a bit with Archer it seems that things are still being worked on even if it is slow going.