Author Topic: ERROR: INVALID DATA OS X 10.11  (Read 3452 times)

kvaldez

• View Profile
ERROR: INVALID DATA OS X 10.11
« on: January 01, 2016, 07:15:16 PM »
   Since this is my first post to the forum, I should mention that i'm new to CDP. Installing this has pushed me to learn a great deal when using terminal and I'm loving it but I have yet to have any success getting any results when using any op codes. I have been successful in getting some results using the DAW known as Repaer64 with a CDP front end plug in by Xenakis but it only has about 20 of the Apps available. I know CDP does work since I am able to mess with various Wav files and get awesome results. I want to be able take full advantage of CDP however which is why I have opted to learn it in Terminal but each time I point to a directory, call an argument, set my infile , then out my file and finally set my parameters I get the following.....

ERROR: INVALID DATA
  ERROR: Can't open file example.wav to read data.

I've tried different apps and Im aware the some Apps only work with MONO files which I have also tested and same thing.

I have read the Manaul Congif file to see if anything was not installed properly or missing so I checked the following directories & hidden files.....

/Users/Myuser/cdpr7/_cdp/_cdprogs   ✓
   .bash_profile  ✓
   /etc/launchd.conf.  ✓

launchd.conf is set to Wav with following text...    CDP_SOUND_EXT defined (to wav)

I also found this thread http://unstablesound.net/cdpforum/index.php?topic=49.0 which from my understanding is for OS X 10.10 Yosemite and up so I followed the instructions and added a environment.plist file in  /Users/Myuser/Library/LaunchAgents and after rebooting I still get the same error above. Forgive me if this a newbie move as I could be missing something very simple but any help will be appreciated. Issue is occurring on both my iMac and Macbook Pro with both have OS X 10.11. I should point out that the Macbook Pro had a clean install about 6 months ago as I was running the same data and backup from 5 years. I didn't do the refresh for CDP but I started fresh in general so I would say we can rule out a clean install as a fix.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:32:15 PM by kvaldez »

HHHHH

• View Profile
Re: ERROR: INVALID DATA OS X 10.11
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
Hello, same problem here. Any solution?

Perfecto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »
Same problem here too! and it spits a similar message on soundloom too :( I'm on 10.12
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:44:06 PM by Perfecto »

sifih

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 03:19:01 PM »
and here. Did anyone get an answer?

rwdobson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 06:13:43 PM »
This message arises if users have the older 7.0 version (or older) of the CDP programs (which require use of the long-established environment variable CDP_SOUND_EXT). The new 7.1.0 release eliminates this requirement, so that the programs can simply be copied into place (in the _cdp/_cdprogs folder). When downloading the software from the CDP downloads page,  new users will currently need to download the full 7.0 installer package available on the right hand panel on the downloads page. They then need to replace the CDP programs themselves with those in the 7.1.0 archive linked via the main panel on that page (http://www.unstablesound.net/downloads/cdpr71mac-07-16.zip).

The creation date of the programs in this archive  (as displayed in Finder) is 31 May 2016. After copying, they may show a later date.

I agree that this is a somewhat cumbersome arrangement - with the reduced need to configure a new installation (and given the changes Apple introduce with each new version of the OS), we will be replacing the current package installer (which includes documentation, and suitable startup files and folders for Soundloom) with a single zip archive.

There are other enhancements and bug fixes in the 7.1.0 release which users will certainly want.