Author Topic: Environment Variable Not Set?  (Read 2176 times)

JAL

• View Profile
Environment Variable Not Set?
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »
Hi,

I recently installed CDP so I could use the new CDP tool in Renoise, however when I select the tool it brings up a message stating the environment variable not set, and the CDP installation is incomplete.

So I'm wondering if theres more to install? I've gone through the ManualConfig and everything seems to be in order except when looking for the existence of cp /etc/launchd.conf. this occurs?
 usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
       cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory

is this correct, it never changes?

My system is Yosemite 10.10.5 its Macbook Pro 2009 if that makes any difference. I've looked on Trevor Wishart's site and the installation is a little different. Do I need the .MacOSX directory?

I don't have much experience working with terminal so any help with this would be great?

Thanks.

afta8

• View Profile
Re: Environment Variable Not Set?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
Have you followed the installation guide available at: http://www.renoise.com/tools/cdp-interface

There are specific instructions for setting the environment variable on OS X Yosemite also detailed here: http://unstablesound.net/cdpforum/index.php?topic=49.0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:30:36 AM by afta8 »

JAL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I've followed all of the instructions and the post about installing on Yosemite doesn't seem to work, nothing changes.?

Sorry its taken me a while to reply to this.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 08:40:42 PM »
Same here.