Author Topic: Problems installing on 10.6  (Read 2120 times)

FunFacts21

• View Profile
Problems installing on 10.6
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:17:21 AM »
HellO!

So my bash_profile exists but my computer wont recognize the files or the program? What am I doing wrong? When I install I just get a bunch of un openable .cdp files ???

rwdobson

• View Profile
Re: Problems installing on 10.6
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:17:13 PM »
The .cdp files are plain text files (mostly very small) used behind the scenes by Soundloom. There is no need in the normal run of things to open and read them directly. Have you also installed the CDP programs? Soundloom is a "front end" GUI for them, and has no functionality without them - it may appear to fail "silently".

If you used the program "Unarchiver" to unpack things, it is probable that file permissions have got messed up; the standard native Mac tools should be used.

FunFacts21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 11:46:05 AM »
Yeah when I install soundloom its just says there is no cdp folder, even though I have both installed?

rwdobson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
It will be helpful if you can just confirm (using Finder) the programs really are there, inside the _cdprogs folder. If they are, it is definitely puzzling. Please also run the following commands in Terminal, to confirm the hidden file .sloomrc exists and gives the correct path:

cd ~
cat .sloomrc

The first is only needed if you have Terminal open in some directory other than your home directory. Terminal always starts up there.
the second command just writes the contents of the file to the console. It shoudl give the full path to the _cdp folder (should be inside "cdpr7").

What version of Soundloom do you have? It is stated on the opening flash window.

The other aspect worth checking is file and folder permissions. This can be done in the finder by selecting the _cdp folder and then "Show Info" from the File menu. If the "read only" box is shown checked, it will need to be unchecked, as Soundloom may be prevented from updating its files, running programs, etc.

FunFacts21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
The terminal gives me back this command - cat .sloomrc
/Users/macailbacher/cdpr7/_cdp

When I open sound loom I get this response "unable to open excloc.cdp to find program path - please check installation"